A Workshop for Couples
|WHEN:||Sundays in February, 2015: 1, 8, 15, 22 1:30 – 3:30|
|WHERE:||University Unitarian Church, Seattle, Washington|
|FOR:||Couples (including LGB)|
Based on the book, Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Dr. Sue Johnson, this 2-day workshop is an educational and experiential workshop that focuses on achieving the deep connections that couples crave. The program teaches you to:
- Rejuvenate your relationship
- Rediscover your partner
- Learn tools for connection
The workshop is led by an experienced EFT therapist who has a broad experience with couples, and has a unique expertise in sex therapy, a fundamental part of the healing relationships. Dominique is also a Mindfulness Practitioner and therapist, bringing this teaching into the work to calm fears and emotions, and bringing bodily awareness to the process of increasing safe and exhilirating intimacy for couples.
The Hold Me Tight program is endorsed by the American Psychological Association and considered “the most successful approach to creating loving relationships.”
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), developed by Dr. Sue Johnson, has achieved an astounding 75% success rate in healing relationship. Fully 86% of couples report feeling happier in their relationships, and results are long-lasting. Hold Me Tight will “pave the way toward a deeply fulfilling enduring bond.”
The workshop includes:
- Educational presentations for relationship enhancement, based on the Hold Me Tight Program.
- Guided practice to process privately with your partner
- DVD clips of couples, which demonstrate their processes, while working with Dr. Sue Johnson
- Preparation homework
- Follow-up group meeting within a month, if desired or needed for tune-up or clarification
Limited to 12 couples.
Register at the uuchurch.org under adult education, or email Dominique to help you with the process